Planting the Seeds of Faith

Since I already have individual posts on-line for the whole book, Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, I am now putting several links together for each post. Just click on the title of the post if you'd like to read more. Thanks! Debbie Seiling


Then said He, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.  Luke, Chapter 13, verses 18-19.

This reminds me of when I mention to someone else about how God looked after me in a particular situation.  It’s like planting a seed that has the potential to grow and to continue to grow into a full-fledged belief in God.  It’s just like the mustard tree that grows from that tiny seed that is planted.

It makes me think that we never know how the little things we share might make a difference in someone else’s life.  My being fearful of sharing my relationship with God may not be giving that person the opportunity to come to have a relationship with God. Click on the Post title to read another related Bible passage.



Then said one unto Him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And He said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.  When once the Master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and He shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.  But He shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.  Luke, Chapter 13, verses 23-27.

This reminds me of when I was heavy and there were people that weren’t really friendly to me.  When I lost the weight, all of a sudden these same people were much friendlier.  I didn’t really want to be close friends with them at that point.  They had an opportunity to be friendly with me before when I was heavy, and they hadn’t chosen to.
Jesus may be telling us something very similar about putting off our decision to become active Christians.  If we don’t acknowledge Him when He calls us, maybe He won’t remember us when we get around to asking Him for help. Click on the Post title to read more.


O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is He that cometh in the Name of the Lord.  Luke, Chapter 13, verses 34-35.

When I was reading my Bible this morning, I was thinking about how God uses picturesque language throughout the Bible to give us a mental picture of what He is trying to convey to us.  This passage is a good example of that.
I can picture a mother hen spreading her wings trying to focus her children to go in the correct direction, just as Jesus does for us.  Do we listen?  No, just like kids we say we want to do things our own way and tend to wander off, losing our focus.  Now, when something traumatic happens in our lives or the lives of our loved ones, BAM, we are right back on target, asking God to help with this situation. Click on the Post title to read more.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie