I need a "Round Tuit"

And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.  And He saith unto them, Follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.  And they straightway left their nets, and followed Him.  Matthew, Chapter 4, verses 18-20.

I remember getting a round hot pad called a “Round Tuit.”  It’s a gag gift you give to people who always answer that they will do things when they get “around to it.”  I realize that the disciples didn’t even know Jesus, but when He asked them to be fishers of men, the disciples dropped everything, no questions asked.  In contrast, here I am asking for a “Round Tuit” saying by my actions, “Well, I’m busy right now, God, but I might talk to others about the impact You’ve left on my life when I get around to it.”
Here are some related passages:
*And going on from thence, He saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and He called them.  And they immediately left the ship and their father and followed Him.  Matthew, Chapter 4, verses 21-22.
*And another of His disciples said unto Him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.  But Jesus said unto him, Follow Me; and let the dead bury their dead.  Matthew, Chapter 8, verses 21-22.
*And as Jesus passed forth from thence, He saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and He saith unto him, Follow Me, And he arose, and followed Him.  Matthew, Chapter 9, verse 9.
*So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me more than these?  He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord; Thou knowest that I love Thee.  He saith unto him, Feed My lambs.  He saith unto him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou Me?  He saith unto Him, Yea, Lord: Thou knowest that I love Thee.  He saith unto him, Feed My sheep.  He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest Thou Me?  Peter was grieved because He said unto him the third time, Lovest thou Me?  And he said unto Him, Lord, Thou knowest all things; Thou knowest that I love Thee.  Jesus saith unto him, Feed My sheep.  John, Chapter 21, verses 15-17.

Because this example of how I’ve applied these Bible passages to my life only focused on a portion of the passages, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.