Employers Who Take Advantage of Minority Employees

And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not Me, saith the Lord of Hosts.  Malachi, Chapter 3, verse 5.

God tells us about lots of lifestyle choices that don’t meet with His approval.  One of the things I was thinking about is the part about not oppressing the hireling in his wages or turning aside the stranger from his right.
I live in an area where there is a large Hispanic population; many coming here directly from Mexico.  I see that business owners take advantage of them and it’s almost a common practice.  The cost of living is high and so are the wages.  The businessmen pay the Hispanic workers sub-standard wages, being able to get away with it because these hard-working people don’t know the system or the language to dispute this.
I remember driving by a construction site on a Sunday evening, about 7:00 p.m.  There were 5-6 Hispanic workers busily digging and installing something at the apartment complex construction site.  I was thinking that the vast majority of people wouldn’t be working on a Sunday night doing physical labor, especially without being paid overtime.  (I highly doubt that these men were even offered any overtime.)

The sad thing is these employees are generally extremely hard workers, but are often treated without the respect they deserve.  Even if we aren’t the people employing them and paying them the extremely low wages, we might be guilty of not paying them the respect and dignity they deserve as God’s people?

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie