An Erroneous Quote From the Bible

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the Truth, and shall be turned unto fables.  2 Timothy, Chapter 4, verses 3-4.

This passage has special significance because I first got interested in the Bible due to the erroneous quote from the Bible that really was from an Aesop’s Fable (god helps him who helps himself.)  I did not capitalize the “g” on god because the god they are talking about is a Mythological god, not the One True God.  I try to always capitalize the “g” on God out of respect for our Heavenly Father.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.