Singing is One More Form of Praying...

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and Spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians, Chapter 5, verses 19-20.

I know that over the years I have heard people comment on music, thinking a wide variety of things.  Some of these comments were less than supportive of music.  While this passage isn't speaking to all types of music for pleasure, it does sound like God likes us to be singing hymns and songs that focus on Him and our love for Him.
I love to sing old familiar hymns from time to time or make up songs which are prayers in my mind when I’m driving somewhere.  There are some songs that are supposed to be religious songs but come from a wide variety of religious beliefs, some of which aren't compatible with my belief in God.  So, I try to be careful, checking out the music I listen to, especially through the media.  I wouldn't want to find myself singing along with some song on the radio only to find out the person who wrote that song believes in Buddha.  That would mean I’m unknowingly singing along with a song about Buddha instead of God.  It pays to check things out.
One of the things to remember is that when we sing to God, it’s one more form of praying.  It’s another one of the many ways that we can glorify God and thank Him for all He’s done.

Because this is an example of how I've applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.