Not Wasting My Time Arguing Over How and When I'm Going to Heaven

Luke, Chapter 17, verses 34-37, is very controversial.  I have heard many different opinions from supposed authorities on these passages.  I decided years ago that it’s more important for me to continue to focus on my relationship with God.  Spending my time arguing over how and when I am going to heaven is time wasted, in my opinion, when I could have spent the time being a better example of Jesus’ influence on my life. 
I don’t have to spend years trying to figure out whose interpretation of this Bible passage is correct.  My Salvation is guaranteed through Jesus’ death and Resurrection as long as I continue to love Him as my Lord and Savior and try to lead a life that reflects my faith in Him.  If I do these, I will have Salvation at the time and in the manner that God deems is best.  I think God has other things He would like me to focus on, like reading the Bible rather than worrying about the details of how and when this is all going to happen.

Because this an example of how I’ve applied these Bible passages to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages. Debbie

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections