Picking My Timing

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.  Matthew, Chapter 7, verse 6.

When I was in high school there were lots of different groups of kids.  Well, they called one of these groups the “dopers” mainly because their lives revolved around recreational drugs, losing sight of all else.  As a Christian, I value my faith in Jesus above all else (my pearls.)  I could have walked into the crowd of “dopers” and told them that Jesus has positively influenced my life in ways that I would like to share with them.  Do you think I would get a warm response?  You’re right; they would tell me to get out of there and give me a hard time, not being open to any of the things that I wanted to share with them.
My faith in Jesus is better shared with those who might possibly be open to listening to me.  Now that doesn’t mean that I am not to share my faith with those who use recreational drugs or have worldly lifestyles.  I can choose my timing wisely and approach those people one-on-one, at a time where I think they might be more receptive.  If I really want to share my relationship with Jesus, I will try to maximize my potential of successfully doing this.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.