Dictators and Inhumane Situations

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.  Proverbs, Chapter 29, verse 2.

This reminds me of how I explain to my students about democracies where the people elect the government officials.  This is contrasted with some countries where the dictator takes over the country by force.  I tell them these dictators usually have their needs as a priority and not the needs of their citizens, who often live in impoverished and inhumane situations.

Here is a related passage:

*The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.  Proverbs, Chapter 29, verse 7.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie