God Will Take Care of My Weaknesses If I Let Him

For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians, Chapter 12, verses 8-10.

This is really from Paul speaking about a vision he had from God.  Even though he asked Jesus to take away his burden, His reply was, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
It reminds me of when God asked Moses to talk to the Pharaoh to let God’s people go and for Moses to lead these people to the Promised Land.  Moses told God that he wouldn’t make a very good leader because he wasn’t a good speaker.  God told him not to worry about it because he was the person that God wanted to lead His people. (Paraphrased)
I’m ashamed to say that there have been times when God has led me to be a witness to someone else and I told God through my actions, “That’s not my thing, God.  I’m not the type who is good at confronting people and telling them about You.  Why don’t you save it for someone else from those other religions that don’t mind being embarrassed by going door to door and confronting people?  Now, if You need someone to do a low-risk thing like saying a prayer for someone or giving a little money to the needy, then I’m your person.”
I need to remember that God will take care of my weaknesses if I let Him, and will provide the strength necessary to do whatever He wants, just like He did for Moses.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.