Distracted by Living a Life with Worldly Values...

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  Nicodemus saith unto Him, How can a man be born when he is old?  can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.  John, Chapter 3, verses 3-8.

I tend to get distracted when I say my prayers for my family, myself and the world situation.  When I find myself doing this, I pray for God to give me His Holy Spirit to guide me and to keep me focused.  When God’s Holy Spirit lives within me; my actions are more God-focused.  Otherwise, it’s very easy for me to get distracted by living a life with worldly values.
Well, it’s the same for being a Christian.  I can say that I believe in Jesus and live a worldly life not focused on Jesus at all.  Will I go to heaven?  Possibly not.  If I love Jesus enough to commit to be baptized, will I go to heaven?  Well, it’s a start, but it’s not enough.  There are lots of people who were baptized years ago who spend their lives focused on drugs, alcohol, power, prestige and self instead of God.  After you’re baptized, you need to be an example of Jesus’ positive influence on your life.  What if I live a good life, but don’t recognize Jesus as my Savior?  Will I still go to heaven?  There are lots of Bible passages that state a person doesn’t have Salvation by good works alone.  They have to believe in Jesus as their Savior and to try to live their lives as examples to others.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.