A Walking Billboard for God...

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.  1 Corinthians, Chapter 3, verses 16-17.

I have heard that some religions have interpreted this passage to say that Christians shouldn’t get their ears pierced or get tattoos but that isn’t what this passage means to me.  This passage is telling me that I’m a Christian 24/7 (24 hours a day/7 days a week) and God dwells in me all the time.
My actions, thoughts, words and deeds make me a walking billboard for God.  A billboard works as an advertisement to draw people toward a particular business.  If the sign were sloppy, had misspellings or poor grammar, the billboard would reflect poorly on the owner of the business.
Now, if I go out and get drunk, take drugs, am rude to others or use God’s Name in vain, it’s like I’ve used bad grammar on my billboard which would reflect poorly on God who dwells in me.  I need to make sure that I’m attempting to live in a manner that makes me a good example of how God works in my life.
Here is a related passage:
*I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.  Galatians, Chapter 2, verse 20.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.