Responding to the Needy

Let brotherly love continue.  Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.  Hebrews, Chapter 13, verses 1-2.

After reading forwarded emails telling how people’s lives have been changed by reaching out to someone less fortunate, I am more reflective about my lack of action.  When approached by the needy, I have to admit my response has not always been of Christian love to my fellow human beings.  This definitely is something I need to work on, being mindful about how I would feel if people ignored and rejected me.  I only hope God continues to be patient with me and brings me to the level of brotherly love that He wants us all to show to each other.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.