Getting Led Astray to Metaphysical and Cult Type of Churches...

Then answered the Jews and said unto Him, What sign showest Thou unto us, seeing that Thou doest these things?  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt Thou rear it up in three days?  But He spake of the Temple of His Body.  When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the Scripture, and the Word which Jesus had said, Now when He was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in His Name, when they saw the miracles which He did.  John, Chapter 2, verses 18-23.

This reminds me of Missouri, the Show Me State.  It’s kind of like we say to God, “I’ll believe that Jesus is our Savior if You show me the proof, if You show me a sign, if You show me…”
I think that’s how many Christians get led astray to metaphysical and cult types of churches.  They are looking for valid proof of Jesus’ existence and a concrete explanation for the creation of the world.  These metaphysical churches seem to appeal to them because they combine religion with science in a way that makes some kind of sense to them.

Jesus’ telling us that His body is going to be raised up on the third day defies any explanation, real or metaphysical.  It’s in the Bible and enough different disciples wrote about it from their perspective, so we know that no one made this up.  This allows us to compare what was foretold in the Bible years before Jesus’ birth with what the different disciples wrote.  That’s why reading the Bible is beneficial, especially for those that have doubts.

Even Thomas told the other disciples that he didn’t believe that Jesus had risen from the grave.  Knowing this, Jesus appeared to Thomas and told him to touch the nail prints in His hands and thrust his hand into His side in order for him to believe.  It really did happen!  Although it defies our human logic, Jesus arose from the grave to save us all from our sins.

I see Jesus’ work in my life each and every day in ways that defy all explanation, but I do.  I try to turn my life over to God and turn to Him to take care of my daily issues and concerns.  He gives me the Peace Which Passes All Understanding to get through the tough times.  He is always there taking care of me. Jesus’ rising from the grave to save us from our sins defies all explanation…but it’s true!!!!

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.