Allowing Greed and Jealousy to Sneak into My Life

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.  And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.  And he cried and said, Father Abraham have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.  But Abraham said, Son remember that thou in thy lifetime receivest thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.  Luke, Chapter 16, verses 19-25.

Do I want all the notoriety of the rich, famous and those who have climbed up the corporate ladder or would I prefer to focus on leading a lifestyle that allows me to go to heaven? 
In order to get to heaven, I have to make sure I’m focused on Jesus, living as an example of how He works in my life on a daily basis.  It’s not always easy because I’m human and let greed and jealousy sneak into my life.  I keep praying that God gives me the willingness to be the example He wants me to be, despite my very human nature.


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections