My Ego Got in the Way

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.  Proverbs, Chapter 15, verse 33.

I enjoy teaching and feel my teaching style has really improved over the years.  Our school district allows each school to make nominations for Teacher of the Year.  Somehow, I got the distorted notion that I had been nominated for this.  Egotistical person that I can be, although most wouldn’t know it, I prepared how I would respond when they announced my nomination at a faculty meeting.  Ironically, the award went to someone else who was extremely deserving and probably a lot more humble.
Fortunately, no one else knew that I thought I was going to be nominated, which was a big relief but God and I did.  This was a humbling experience, to say the least.  Hopefully, it leads me to be less self-absorbed in the future.
Here are some related passages:
*Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.  Proverbs, Chapter 16, verse 5.
*Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit?  there is more hope of a fool than of him.  Proverbs, Chapter 26, verse 12.

*Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.  Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.  Proverbs, Chapter 27, verses 1-2.


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie