Monday, February 9, 2015

My Ego Got in the Way

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.  Proverbs, Chapter 15, verse 33.

I enjoy teaching and feel my teaching style has really improved over the years.  Our school district allows each school to make nominations for Teacher of the Year.  Somehow, I got the distorted notion that I had been nominated for this.  Egotistical person that I can be, although most wouldn’t know it, I prepared how I would respond when they announced my nomination at a faculty meeting.  Ironically, the award went to someone else who was extremely deserving and probably a lot more humble.
Fortunately, no one else knew that I thought I was going to be nominated, which was a big relief but God and I did.  This was a humbling experience, to say the least.  Hopefully, it leads me to be less self-absorbed in the future.
Here are some related passages:
*Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.  Proverbs, Chapter 16, verse 5.
*Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit?  there is more hope of a fool than of him.  Proverbs, Chapter 26, verse 12.

*Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.  Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.  Proverbs, Chapter 27, verses 1-2.


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

Translate

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

AmeriCares.org

AmeriCares.org
Saving Lives World Wide

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives

Link