This Passage Helps Me Re-Evaluate My Priorities

For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand.  I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.  O LORD of Hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee.  Psalm, Chapter 84, verses 10-12.

David again, eloquently professes his love for God.  He says one day of life with God is better than a thousand days of life without Him.  He would rather have a lowly job in God’s house than to live with all the riches that the wicked have.  He tells us how well God takes care of the people who love Him.
This passage helps me to re-evaluate my priorities.  I’m looking for a job because we have moved back to the area where our grandchildren live.  I haven’t gotten a teaching position yet.  There are some smaller jobs in the newspaper that I haven’t applied for.  Part of me doesn’t want to go from being a teacher to a position of less significance.  I still want to impact the lives of students!

This passage makes me think that I shouldn’t minimize jobs.  It’s hard telling what God’s plan is.  It says that David would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of God than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.  I need to see that any position that God puts in my life has some special significance and I need to be open to it.

This seems especially significant on the first day of the New Year where people are taking stock of changes they want to make.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie