Those Who Work Situations to Their Own Good

A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.  The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs, Chapter 18, verses 7-8.

I have seen children at school go to another student and say something like, “Fred thinks you’re ugly.”  The child is crushed by this information.  In talking to the student who shared this, I have come to realize that they thought they were doing the child a favor by telling.  I have to explain that when they share hurtful things, even though they weren’t the one who originally said them, they are actually being hurtful themselves.

I have stopped being close friends with some adults who manipulatively work situations to their own good.  I have known those who will get a person involved in a discussion focused on putting down another person, as well.  Then they go to the other person and say what was said, trying to get in close with that person.  It’s a, “Did you know what terrible things Fred said about you?” on a grown-up level.  This passage doesn’t sound like God takes too kindly to this type of behavior.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie