Not Just a "Holiday Christian"

And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger: because there was no room for them in the inn.  Luke, Chapter 2, verse 7.

Royalty usually are shown living in castles or expensive mansions.  I think it’s difficult for today’s royalty to move around without lots of Paparazzi following them everywhere.  It’s to the point that they can’t even go for a walk without people snapping their picture.  Customers buy up these magazines, because they are in awe of royalty or celebrities, of one kind or another.
Jesus came into this world in very humble surroundings.  There was no fanfare or notoriety, unless you figure an angel notifying the shepherds and a star guiding the wise men, fits into this category.  Jesus lived a humble life.  He didn’t live in a castle with great wealth and servants even though He could have chosen to.  In fact, He didn’t even own property. 
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man hath not where to lay His head.  Matthew, Chapter 8, verse 20.
He could have chosen to lead the good life, but chose poverty and persecution for me.  Do I deserve it?  No way!  Nothing I ever do will be anything close to earning all that Jesus went though on my behalf.  The only thing I can do is make sure that I’m not just a “Holiday Christian,” only focusing on God or only attending church on religious holidays.  The only way I can thank Him is by trying to live my life as an example, so others can come to know Him as I do.

Because this an example of how I’ve applied these Bible passages to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.