Are Our Heads Turned Because of Flattery?

Lead me, O LORD, in Thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make Thy way straight before my face.  For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.  Psalm, Chapter 5, verses 8-9.
People’s flattery of us does not always reflect their true intent.
Here is a related passage:

*Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.  Psalm, Chapter 62, verse 9.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie