Get Off Your High Horse

And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.  And the idols He shall utterly abolish.  And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the Glory of His Majesty, when He ariseth to shake terribly the earth.  Isaiah, Chapter 2, verses 17-19.

I remember my father reminding me not to get so high and mighty when I was spouting off about something.  I’m glad he drew my attention to it.  I don’t want God coming to me someday saying, “Debbie, get off your high horse.  You think you’re someone special just because you have a Master’s degree.  If you spent less time focused on your career and your ‘stuff,’ you’d have more time to focus on Me and what I want for you.  It would have been nice if you could have joined Me in heaven, but you had your chance and blew it on worldly things-so sad!”

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie