Being a Yes Man

It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 7, verse 5.

This reminds me of when I ask my husband to read over something I’ve written.  He starts looking at it, making comments about corrections he thinks should be made to my paper.  It’s really very frustrating to me.  The thing is-he’s right.  When I incorporate the corrections he suggests, my paper flows much better than it previously did.  Although it’s still frustrating to me to have him edit my papers, I know the advice he gives me will be beneficial in the long run.

If I asked someone else for advice on my writing and they told me everything was wonderful regardless of the errors, it would be like hearing the song of fools.  They just tell you what you want to hear, but they don’t provide the input that is beneficial.  I would much rather have the advice of the wise than a “Yes Man,” any day.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie