The Need to Turn My Selfish Thoughts Around

The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.  Proverbs, Chapter 15, Verse 26.

Now, I guess I might be able to convince some that my thoughts are always God focused and selfless, but God knows how I really am inside.  Fortunately, He forgives me and helps to turn my selfish thoughts and resentments around to be more tolerant and forgiving of others.
Here are some related passages:
*The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.  Proverbs, Chapter 15, verse 28.
*A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips: and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.  Proverbs, Chapter 17, verse 4.
*Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.  Proverbs, Chapter 17, verse 28.
*A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.  Proverbs, Chapter 19, verse 9.

*A fool utterth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.  Proverbs, Chapter 29, verse 11.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie