What Does the Bible Say About Making Fun of the Misfortune of Others?

Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished.  Proverbs, Chapter 17, verse 5.

I remember being with someone who I used to think was a friend prior to this.  I realized that they weren’t someone I wished to keep company with after this situation.  This person put down a guy with long hair in his community who was riding a motorcycle and crashed and got killed, saying it served him right.  There was no compassion, only justified indignation at this person with long hair who rode a motorcycle.  I don’t think it says anywhere in the Bible that only people with short hair, wear suits to work and drive expensive cars are allowed to go to heaven.  Actually, Jesus had long hair, but the main point of this is that we aren’t to judge others or make fun of their misfortune.
Here is a related passage:

*Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth.  Proverbs, Chapter 24, verse 17.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie