I've been hiding my light under a Bushel.

Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick: and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.  Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 14-16.

I’ve kept my relationship with God hidden under a bushel for most of my life.  I’m not much for walking door to door to talk to strangers about God.  I haven’t done much to try to actively convert people.  I guess writing this book isn’t any big-time “shining” when you think about it.  I’m sharing this information in a low risk fashion.  I need to make more of an attempt to take the risks that God needs me to on His behalf.  I guess I have to start somewhere and this is it.  I will see where God leads me from here.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.