Those Who Turn a Blind Eye

Many seek the ruler’s favour; but every man’s judgment cometh from the LORD.  Proverbs, Chapter 29, verse 26.

It reminds me of politics on the local level.  I remember hearing about local businessmen who bought gifts for those who govern them, hoping to get political favors in return.  (Example: Companies were told they had to make costly anti-pollution adjustments to their factories.  The newspapers would note companies that were flagrantly non-compliant, without legal repercussions.  It was implied that the business had given a politician some gift large enough to overlook the fact that they were dumping waste into the public water supply, etc.)  So, this passage says to me that we may try to kiss up to the politicians of the world who might turn a blind eye to our actions, but God really knows what we do!

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie