You Might Wonder What Pie Has to Do With the Bible

Hast thou found honey?  eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.  Proverbs, Chapter 25, verse 16.

I really like this because it hits home.  When I used to eat sweets, I would think a particular pie or other delicacy was desirable.  I didn’t think I would get it again for a long time, so I would “sleece” my way around the pie and end up eating almost the whole thing.

Now, if you’re wondering what a “sleece” is, it’s a word I made up to describe taking a little sliver of pie, cake, etc.  It tasted so good that I would take another and another until almost the whole thing was gone.  I would feel so guilty for eating that much, I would put my hand on the top crust of the pie and try to push it down so some of the filling would go out the sides.  I tried to make it look like there was more pie than there actually was.  I thought this would keep my family from knowing what I had done.  I used to eat things that were special treats to the point that I made my stomach sick.  I’m so fortunate that God has taken care of my compulsive overeating.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie