Holding One of My Grandmother's Hands As She Passed Away...

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, my beloved brethren be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.  1 Corinthians, Chapter 15, verse 55-58.

I remember when my father and I were in the hospital with each of us -holding one of my grandmother’s hands as she passed away.  She didn’t fight it and she seemed to be at peace with the idea of joining God in heaven.
Here is a related passage:
*Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.  Matthew, Chapter 11, verses 28-30.

(This portion isn't in the book: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life. I was holding my grandmother's hand to be a comfort to her and to my father who was holding her other hand as his mother passed away. When she joined God, her hand became relaxed and at peace. She no longer was suffering. She no longer had pain. She was in the comfort of her Heavenly Father.)

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.