I Sure Wouldn't Want to Get Pruned!

I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman.  Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it that it may bring forth more fruit.  John, Chapter 15, verses 1-2.

I love the comparison Jesus makes in this chapter with a grapevine and His followers (Christians.)  Just like the farmer in the grape vineyard who cuts down unproductive branches, God weeds out so-called Christians who aren’t productive, as well.  Christians who produce fruit will be trained in the ways to become better examples of how God works in their lives.  I need to be a better example, because I sure wouldn’t want to get pruned!

Since this is an example of how I've applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.