Finding Myself Harboring Resentments

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.  Matthew, Chapter 6, verses 14-15.
Every time I pray, I ask God to forgive all of my sins, but do I do the same?  I find myself harboring resentment towards others instead of letting it go.  I find that if I hold onto hatred, anger or resentment, which eats at me, I’m not the example that God wants me to be in my everyday life.  I can set a better Christian example by forgiving others, letting God take the resentment away when I ask Him.  One of the best ways I have to let my “light shine” for God is by being an example of how He works in my life.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage. Debbie

(Added at 11 p.m. on Monday, March 12, 2012.) I created this site for people to see how the Bible is significant in our lives today. I thought that readers might be able to see how someone can relate to the Bible today as they read my posts. I share my reflections, comments, short comings, and how I apply these passages in my daily walk as a Christian. I didn't feel readers would relate to the Bible in the same way that I have, but would find a way that is personally significant to them.
One thing I have learned from reading the Bible many times, is that small dishonest things that no one ever knows about can work a wedge in our relationship with God. While in bed reading a book on how to use Social Media, something I know little to nothing about, it kept going through my mind that I did something that's probably unethical.
So, if I am being totally honest with you, I need to be an example, not just through the portions of the book where I share my many short comings, but right now and apologize. Since I know little about blogs, I was surprised to find out that each time I logged onto the site, it recorded it as another page view. I was later surprised to find out that when I would go to Archives, it also recorded as another page view each time I opened one up.
Now, I figure the "bajillion" times I logged onto the blog site to change the layout, etc. were fair game, because that was just normal maintenance of the site. What I am writing to you about is that toward the tail-end of last week, I decided to open up different Archive posts to deliberately increase the page views number. At the time, I didn't know if it was ethical or not and it may not be a big deal to most of you. If I'm being an example of my faith, I have to say that I planned to do this knowing it might not be right and it keeps popping back into my mind, which is one of the many ways that God works in my life.
All I can say is I'm sorry, because my doing this may dissuade some people from following this blog, which means my actions were counterproductive to what I want to accomplish for God. I don't plan to do this again, but hope you will forgive me. Debbie

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.