Images That God Hates...

Neither shalt thou set thee up any image: which the LORD thy God hateth.  Deuteronomy, Chapter 16, verse 22.

I trust God to guide me on this one.  I do know from everything I have read that God wouldn’t want me to have a statue of Buddha or a Greek or Roman god or goddess in my house, even if they are just for decorative purposes.
I don’t feel He wants us to pray to any religious article thinking that article is God, Himself.  I wear a cross around my neck but I don’t pray to it.  It just reminds me of what an important part Jesus plays in my everyday life.  I have pictures of Jesus in my house.  I get a pleasant feeling when I look at them, because they remind me of all Jesus has done for us.  I don’t pray to the picture or think the picture is Jesus.

You and God alone know whether you are being led astray by these objects or not.  Let God be your guide on this one.  He will give you good instincts, if you let Him.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie