Reflecting the Way God Has Changed My Life...

But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.  Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him.  Colossians, Chapter 3, verses 8-10.

They say you can’t tell a book by its cover, but this passage is kind of the reverse of that.  It tells me that people look at Christians to see if they really behave the way they think Christians should.  God reminds me now that I’m a Christian; I’m to behave as a Christian.  I’m not to be hateful, gossip, use vulgar speech or use God’s Name in vain (even though it has become so commonplace that people don’t realize that they’re even doing it.)  When people see me, my cover needs to reflect the way God has changed my life.

Here is a related passage:
*Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.  He that committeth sin is of the devil: for the devil sinneth from the beginning.  For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in Him: and He cannot sin, because He is born of God.  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.  1 John, Chapter 3, verses 7-10.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.