I've been a "Hold Grudges Against Others Christian"

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive your trespasses.  But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.  Mark, Chapter 11, verses 25-26.

This passage makes me think I’m a “Hold Grudges Against Others Christian,” because I remember insensitive or hurtful things people have done to me.  God doesn’t want me to hold onto these feelings.  I’m sure I have done my share of insensitive and hurtful things to others in my life.  I sure don’t want to be judged by God with the same harsh standards that I impose on others.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.