Covering Our Ears

Therefore speak I to them in parables; because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.  And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.  For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.  Matthew, Chapter 13, verses 13-17.
I’ve walked up to a child who was upset.  I had planned to distract them from their anger by telling them the class was going to do something fun like cook or do a craft, but they were so angry that they couldn't hear what I was going to tell them.  When they saw me approaching, they covered their ears and started making sounds to block out anything I might say.  I usually walk away thinking that it’s their loss, because they miss out on the fun activity that I was going to tell them about.
It’s a shame that there are still some who aren’t open to hearing that Jesus is our Savior.  They are the ones who will miss out on the opportunity for Salvation, which is sad.  It’s difficult to get through to people when they have deliberately closed their minds, eyes and ears to what we have to share.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.