I've Been a Back Seat Driver Christian

While He yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a Voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased: hear ye Him.  And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.  Matthew 17, verses 5-6.
You know how famous football players and movie stars are on commercials endorsing particular products they like, so others will come to know how good they are?  Well, this is an endorsement from God so the disciples of Jesus would know how good He is.  His is an endorsement that defies all explanation.
It makes me wonder what God’s endorsement of me would be.  “This is one of my supposed followers, Debbie.  She is a ‘Back Seat Driver Christian,’ telling others how they should live their lives as Christians, unwilling to do the same.  It would have been nice to count her as one of My flock, but she backed away from opportunities that I have given her to share her faith-so sad!”

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.