Not Watching Shows with Witchcraft, Demonic or Satanic Themes

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;  Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no Law.  Galatians, Chapter 5, verses 19-23.

When others react to my not wanting to watch shows with witchcraft, demonic or satanic themes, I feel vindicated when I read this passage.  When it says people who demonstrate those negative choices won’t inherit the kingdom of God, it doesn’t sound like God is just mildly annoyed if people do the things listed in this passage.  My desire is to stay committed to what I know God wants rather than to buckle under when I know they disapprove.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.