Not to Gain Personal Recognition

Then said He also to him that bade Him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbors; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee.  But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.  Luke, Chapter 14, verses 12-14.

This passage lets me know that when I do nice things for others I need to make sure that I’m doing them for people who really need it and not to do it to gain some sort of personal recognition for my actions.
It’s sometimes a hard one to live by because it makes me look at my motives for doing favors.  Yes, I have found there have been times when I was choosing to do things for someone to draw attention to myself.  Now, I’m trying to be more discreet in my favors to avoid this self-focus.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage. Debbie


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections