The Money Game

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 5, verse 10.

When we used to have family gatherings, my grandfather would have all the children and adults gather in the front room for the “Money Game.”  He would build everyone’s anticipation as he jingled all the coins in his pockets.  After a hush filled the room, everyone watched intently as he slowly dropped the coins onto the floor.  Young and old were trying to mentally tally the coins as they lay there, ever so briefly, before he gathered them up again.  Someone would take down everyone’s guesses and the person who guessed the exact amount got to keep the money.

I spent my time focused on the money and whether I won or not.  Instead, I should have been focused on the “wealth of family interactions” and the extra excitement my grandfather provided, creating a lifetime of memories for everyone involved.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie