Never Passing Our Quota of Times to be Forgiven

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.  And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.  Luke, Chapter 17, verses 3-4.

I’m sitting at the computer thinking about getting a job when we move instead of focusing on this.  I said a little prayer and asked God to forgive me for being so distracted, and then it all came to me!  God forgives me ninety billion times a day.  He forgives all my distractions, angry, jealous and other human thoughts on a regular basis.  When I ask God to forgive me, He never says, “No way!  You’ve already long passed your quota of times to be forgiven.”
If God forgives me an unlimited number of times, then He wants me to be more forgiving and tolerant of others.  I shouldn’t be there with my little mental clipboard saying, “Well, you’ve done this three times and that’s it.  I will no longer forgive you or be your friend!”  If God treated me like that, I would have been “a gonner” a long time ago!


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections