I Shouldn't Have a 'Plan B' Ready

And Jesus, answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.  Mark, Chapter 11, verses 22-24.

This reminds me of how I ask God to take care of me, but I’m really establishing a plan in my mind of how to handle the situation or I’m continuing to worry about it.  It’s like I’m saying, “God, I want You to handle this situation but just in case You don’t take care of me, I will have a ‘Plan B’ ready or worry until it’s resolved.”  It’s just like telling God I don’t really trust Him to take care of me.  I need to be much more aware of displaying total trust in God to take care of my needs, concerns and my family. 
Here are some related passages:
*If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.  For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  James, Chapter 1, verses 5-6.
*Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; It shall be done.  And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.  Matthew, Chapter 21, verses 21-22.
*And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?  Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  If ye then, being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him? Luke, Chapter 11, verses 9-13.
*Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth: and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  Or what man is there of you whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?  Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?  Matthew, Chapter 7, verses 7-11.
*And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.  And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.  Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are My people, saith the Lord GOD.  And ye My flock, the flock of My pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD.  Ezekiel, Chapter 34, verses 28-31.

Because this an example of how I’ve applied these Bible passages to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.