Holding on to Anger...

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.  Ephesians, Chapter 4, verse 26.

I have always heard this Bible verse used in relation to marriage.  I really believe whole-heartedly that this is good advice for both adults and children.  There have been nights when I have gone to bed frustrated with a family member and then this verse pops into my head.  (I’m so glad God looks after me that way!)  I get back up and work things out with whichever family member I need to.  I get a good night’s sleep, feeling the situation has been peacefully resolved, which sets a good example for the rest of the family.  When we hold onto anger, it eats away at us and doesn't make us very good examples of how God works in our lives.
Here is a related passage:
*Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 7, verse 9.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.