Planting Seeds of Faith...

Then said He, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.  Luke, Chapter 13, verses 18-19.

This reminds me of when I mention to someone else about how God looked after me in a particular situation.  It’s like planting a seed that has the potential to grow and to continue to grow into a full-fledged belief in God.  It’s just like the mustard tree that grows from that tiny seed that is planted.

It makes me think that we never know how the little things we share might make a difference in someone else’s life.  My being fearful of sharing my relationship with God may not be giving that person the opportunity to come to have a relationship with God.

Here are some related passages:

*Another parable put He forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.  Matthew, Chapter 13, verses 31-32.

*And He said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth: But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.  Mark, Chapter 4, verses 30-32.

Because this an example of how I’ve applied these Bible passages to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages. Debbie


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections