Remember This Before I Give a Sarcastic Reply...

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the Law.  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other Commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the Law.  Romans, Chapter 13, verses 8-10.

I think God had this passage written for people like me who get caught up in trying to remember too many things and end up forgetting most of it.  This way I don’t have to remember all types of different rules about being a Christian.  In order to lead my life as an example of how God works through me, I just have to remember one rule: Love thy neighbor as thyself.  This covers everything else.
When I contemplate talking rudely to a sales person who has been less than courteous to me, all I have to do is think, “Is this how God would want me to treat someone else?”  I wish I could say I always remember that before I give a sarcastic reply, but it often pops in my mind and I’m less apt to respond hatefully.  I definitely am not perfect but want to work toward being a better example of how God works in my life.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 


Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie