Some People Spend Their Whole Lives Angry and Bitter

Thus is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.  For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.  For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten, Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished: neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.  Ecclesiastes, Chapter 9, verses 3-6.

It seems that some people spend their whole lives angry and bitter.  They should have gotten the promotion or job that they wanted.  They deserved a nicer house or car instead of what they have.  I try to stay away from people who are always griping about how things should have been better, because I tend to feel depressed after talking to them.

We have choices in life.  We can spend our lives content or always upset when things don’t turn out the way we want.  When I don’t get what I want, although I might be a little disappointed, I recognize that God knows what is best for me.  It’s a choice we make when we choose to harbor resentments for all the things that don’t go the way that we think we deserve.  Personally, I don’t want people avoiding me because I’m always griping.  What’s more important, I don’t want God avoiding me thinking, “Debbie’s always griping and ungrateful for all I’ve given her.  I think I’ll focus on someone else who appreciates what I do for them.”

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.




This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie