Jesus Has Conquered the World...

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.  These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  John, Chapter 16, verses 32-33.

Jesus knows of the terrible travesty of justice that is about to befall Him, and yet He takes the time to reassure His disciples (and us.)  This passage gives me so much hope, even when worldly things seem to get me down.  Jesus has conquered the world, so it can’t ever get the best of me as long as I continue to focus on Him.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


What is your favorite Bible passage to share with someone who has concerns for our world leaders?



This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.