Difficult for Me to Comprehend Such a Truly Selfless Love for Others

But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth Me is with Me on the table.  And truly the Son of Man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom He is betrayed!  Luke, Chapter 22, verses 21-22.

I remember times in high school when I thought people were talking about me when they looked in my general direction.  They might not have been doing anything at all.  I was just very self-conscious, as are many teenagers at that age.  I had a difficult time associating with those people that I thought were disloyal to me, whether it was real or just perceived.  It amazes me how Jesus didn’t just think someone was going to betray Him, He knew it!  He didn’t avoid the whole situation, as I would have.  He continued to associate with the person that was going to betray Him.
What love He had to have for us to bear these interactions, even when He knew the very people He loved were going to be disloyal to Him.  It’s difficult for me to comprehend such a truly selfless love for others.  I’m so very fortunate Jesus is my Lord and Savior!


Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.