Just When It's Convenient Christians

And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, Which is the first Commandment of all?  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the Commandments is: Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first Commandment.  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  There is none other Commandment greater than these.  Mark, Chapter 12, verses 28-31.

I’m reminded that I can’t be a “Just When It’s Convenient Christian.”  I’m to make my faith a priority.  God wants me to treat others nicely, even if…Even if they are rude to me…Even if they get the job I wanted…Even if they have more money than I do and didn’t deserve it…Even if they take advantage of me…Even if they are hateful…Even if they talk down to me…Even if they make really poor lifestyle choices…Even if they cut in front of me on the freeway…Even if they don’t believe the way I do…Even if they are a telemarketer and don’t let me off the phone when I want to get off.  (I really have to work on this one!)  If I get caught up in being resentful, rude or hateful, I’m not being the example that God wants me to be of how He works in my life.
Here is a related passage:
*Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked Him a question, tempting Him, and saying, Master, which is the great Commandment in the Law?  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  This is the first and great Commandment.  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the prophets.  Matthew, Chapter 22, verses 35-40.

Because this an example of how I’ve applied these Bible passages to my life, it doesn’t necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passages. Debbie


This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections.