Monday, July 10, 2017

Growing Beyond Needing the Approval of Others, Bragging About All Our Christian Deeds, and These Passages Show That the Antichrist Isn't One Particular Person posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.  He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.  Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.  1 John, Chapter 3, verses 13-16.

I have spent most of my life trying to be a good person and I got a certain amount of attention from others for the “Good Debbie’s”.  I hope God has helped me grow beyond needing that type of attention and approval from others.
I still find that I’m hurt when someone doesn’t really care for me, because of who I am, my beliefs or what I represent.  I have to remember that not everyone in the world is going to like Christians and it’s okay.

It would be easy to respond to these people that don’t care for us through retaliation or resentment, but God wants us to love everyone, not just the ones that are nice to us.


My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in Truth.  And hereby we know that we are of the Truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His Commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 1 John, Chapter 3, verses 18-22.

We could go around bragging about all our Christian deeds, but God knows what’s in our hearts.  He knows if we harbor resentments or biases toward others.  He knows if we are hateful and rude to our family members and people who are different than we are.
He knows if we give to others through our actions and our finances with a willing heart.  (Although I have tried to help others, I have often been guilty of being resentful for the amount of time or money I have given.  Fortunately, God has taken the time to show me this.  I do know that He would much rather that I do these things for Him with a willing heart.)

God can see what really is in our hearts and minds, although we can disguise it from others.  We need to truly believe in God and not just in outward ways.  We are to love Him with our whole heart and He will be there to answer our prayers and to take care of our every need.  (Of course, getting the high-level position you want at work may not fall into the category of basic needs.  God, alone, knows what is best for us.)


For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.  This is a deceiver and an antichrist2 John, Chapter 1, verse 7.

This was an interesting passage for me because I have heard people talk over the years of the antichrist.  I think their comments were always directed to the reference of the antichrist in Revelation.  This passage makes me aware that the antichrist isn’t just one particular person.  It’s anyone who deceives people and leads them astray from God.

Here are some related passages:
*For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.  But take ye heed: behold I have foretold you all things.  Mark, Chapter 13, verses 22-23.
*Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every Spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is in the world.  1 John, Chapter 4, verses 1-3.

*For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  Behold, I have told you before.  Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, He is in the desert; go not forth: behold, He is in the secret chambers; believe it not.  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.  Matthew, Chapter 24, 24-27.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives