Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Things Which Are Not Seen Are Eternal, Isn't It Neat That God Makes All of These Decisions on a Personal Basis?, and God Not Wanting to Watch shows with Witchcraft, Demonic or Satanic Themes posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.  2 Corinthians, Chapter 4, verses 17-18.

Sometimes I get caught up in feeling sorry for myself.  When I think of this, my troubles are very insignificant compared to the suffering Jesus went through to save us from our sins.  After I think of all He went through on my behalf, I feel guilty for the petty things I worry about.

Here is a related passage:
*For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.  Isaiah, Chapter 41, verse 13.


Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law: for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified.  Galatians Chapter 2, verse 16.

There are people who think that if they are good people they will have Salvation, but they don’t actively believe in Jesus Christ.  This doesn’t necessarily mean they have to attend church regularly.  There are some people who attend church regularly that may or may not receive Salvation because of their lifestyle choices.  Attending church isn’t a sole indicator of a person’s belief in Christ.  That is a personal matter between God and them.  Isn’t it neat that God makes all of these decisions on an individual basis?
Anyway, the requirement for Salvation is to believe that Jesus Christ is Savior of all.  Now, this isn’t an isolated thing.  That belief needs to be an active part of our life.  It’s not just something we should think about every six years when a relative dies and you think about them going to heaven to be with God.  It’s supposed to be a daily part of our lives.  That’s what I mean.  This passage is saying that we don’t get Salvation by just following the Law; it’s our faith in Jesus Christ that saves us, but we are still supposed to try to be examples of how Jesus works in our lives.


Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;  Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no Law.  Galatians, Chapter 5, verses 19-23.

When others react to my not wanting to watch shows with witchcraft, demonic or satanic themes, I feel vindicated when I read this passage.  When it says people who demonstrate those negative choices won’t inherit the kingdom of God, it doesn't sound like God is just mildly annoyed if people do the things listed in this passage.  My desire is to stay committed to what I know God wants rather than to buckle under when I know they disapprove.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link

Christian Overeaters Past and Present Support Link
Read 100s of Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog Posts and You Tube Videos

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives