Thursday, March 16, 2017

Our Faith in Jesus is More of a Determiner of Our Salvation, Glorifying God in the Midst of Extreme Tribulation, Fortunately for Us, Jesus Has Made the Ultimate Sacrifice Posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the Law: but if thou be a breaker of the Law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.  Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the Law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?  Romans, Chapter 2, verses 25-26. 
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.  Romans, Chapter 2, verse 29.

There was a time when people thought that if they were Jewish and followed some basic laws like circumcision, they could do whatever they wanted and were saved because Jews were the chosen people.  This passage clarifies that just being Jewish or following rules like circumcision won’t get us Salvation.
I guess what this all boils down to is, God knows what is in our hearts and whether we live as examples of how Jesus works in our lives or not.  This is going to be more of a determiner of our Salvation than any outward signs like being circumcised or being of a particular ethnic or cultural group.


And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience experience, and experience hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us; For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  Romans, Chapter 5, verses 3-6.
Don’t you just admire people who can thank God in the midst of all types of disaster and tribulation?  I remember when I would get frustrated when things didn’t turn out the way I wanted.  My father would tell me that those experiences gave me character.  I think God is telling us the same thing in this passage, as my father used to tell me.  If I’m cursing God when things go wrong, am I being a good example of how Jesus works in my life?
The best example I have ever seen of people glorifying God in the midst of extreme tribulation, next to Job, goes to my aunt and her family who experienced an unusually tragic loss of loved ones.  Some would have been bitter and hateful, but they were examples of their faith to all those who were touched by this loss.  I’m not sure I would have fared as well, but God in His infinite mercy will bless them with The Peace Which Passes All Understanding to survive the pain of their loss.


Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.  Romans, Chapter 5, verse 12.

Nope, none of us is better or more apt to be saved than another.  We are all sinners.  Adam was the first man that sinned and we have continued to perpetuate that plight.  Fortunately for us, Jesus has made the ultimate sacrifice so we all have the same opportunity for Salvation through our faith in Him.

Here are some related passages:
*Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation: even so by the righteousness of One the free Gift came upon all men unto justification of life.  Romans, Chapter 5, verse 18.
*For the wages of sin is death; but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Romans, Chapter 6, verse 23.
*For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 
1 Corinthians, Chapter 15, verse 22.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?

A Christian Caregiver Blog

A Christian Caregiver Blog
Trying to Maintain a Focus on Christ's Will While Providing Care for a Parent

Free2ShareVBS Link

Free2ShareVBS Link
Free VBS Curriculum

Translate