Monday, March 6, 2017

Not Taking Undeserved Credit, Does Satan Use Children's Books to Lead People Astray?, Don't Have to be Rich or on the Society Page Posts

Since Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, is now on line through individual posts, I am now putting several links together for each post. I found groupings of three posts worked well for anyone interested in using these for a Bible study group.  Debbie Seiling


And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and having made Blastus the king’s chamberlain their friend, desired peace, because their country was nourished by the king’s country.  And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.  And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.  And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.  But the Word of God grew and multiplied.  Acts, Chapter 12, verses 20-24.

This makes me think of times when God gives me a clever idea.  People will sometimes compliment me on them and ask how I came up with the idea.  I’ve found that it’s much better for me to say, “God just had the idea pop into my head,” rather than to take the undeserved credit for it.  This passage reinforces that we are supposed to make sure we always give God the glory instead of using it as an opportunity to add a few more feathers to our cap.


But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.  Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtlety and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all Righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?  Acts, Chapter 13, verses 8-10.

If God had this person in the Bible who used sorcery called a “child of the devil,” do you think He would approve of the fascination with the children’s book series that has sorcery as a primary focus?  This series has become so popular that both adults and children are reading them, promoting them to others.  It makes me sad Satan uses children’s books as a subtle way to lead people astray.


Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the Word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.  For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for Salvation unto the ends of the earth.  And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the Word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.  Acts, Chapter 13, verse 46-48.

There was a time when I was confused because the Bible would talk about the Jews being the promised people.  I wondered how I was going to get to heaven since I’m not Jewish.  But this says Salvation is for all people to the ends of the world, which includes me.  A person just has to believe Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all in order to go to heaven.  I’m so thankful!  What a simple request.  I don’t have to be born to royalty.  I don’t have to be rich or on the society page.  I don’t have to look or dress a certain way.  I just have to believe in Jesus.  How much simpler could it get?
If God conveyed this to Peter, do you think He wants us treating different races in an undignified manner?  I don’t think it makes Him happy to know how we have race and social class divisions.  We can personally make a change in how we interact with others and serve as role models at the same time.

Because this is an example of how I’ve applied this Bible passage to my life, it doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the passage.

These are other blogs I felt led to create:

This is a connection I've made from this Bible passage. Please share your connections. 
Please click on comments below to share your suggestions. Thanks! Debbie

Translate

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

AmeriCares.org

AmeriCares.org
Saving Lives World Wide

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives

Link